SPECIAL EDITION HB D8T with HB 21XZ-B HARA EDITION ENGINE!
The best just got better. You can now get your race-winning D8T packaged with the all-new and extremely high performing HB 21XZ-B Atsushi Hara Edition nitro engine! The HB 21XZ-B engine is the same engine that HB's own Atsushi Hara uses to propel him to the top of the podium against the best drivers in the world. There has not been a better time to get your hands on a D8T, so get your D8T packaged with the new 21XZ-B Atsushi Hara Edition engine today! Available exclusively on hotbodiesonline.com.
Building on the tremendous success and the strong foundation of the D8, we created the D8T! If winning races is why you race, then this is the truggy for you. Designed with optimal weight distribution and a low center of gravity in mind we have put together a super stable and easy to drive truck that will get you to the winners circle without breaking your piggy bank. Start throwing down some consistently fast lap times with a D8T of your own!
The D8T starts with a brand new extended chassis machined from solid 4mm thick 7075 aluminum, with 10 degrees of front kick-up. The chassis plate has angled sides for extreme stiffness front-to-rear, giving you a solid platform for race tuning.
The longer chassis allowed HB lead off-road designer Josh Alton to move the engine nearly to the centre of the chassis, with the weight of the battery pack up front between the servos. Stand-up servo mounting points allow the weight of modern metal-gear servos to sit as close to the middle and front of the car as possible. With the receiver sealed away at the rear, the weight-forward design lets the D8T have better chassis balance than other truggy designs.
Strong composite chassis braces provide stiff bracing with minimal weight, while the chassis is machined for lightness under the servos and engine. The one-piece radio tray from the D8 is used in the D8T for easy clean-up and maintenance.
In addition to keeping the car pointed in the right direction, the suspension has to keep the tires on the ground as much as possible, so the power from the engine is transformed into traction on the ground! This is the job that the D8T suspension must cope with, and we know it's up to the task. It's been refined over months of extreme testing in pure racing conditions, to make it the best possible performer on the track and help you get the winner's trophy!
16mm Big Bore shocks with threaded shock bodies are used to keep the tires on the ground and you in control. These are connected to extra-long solid suspension arms to let you go right over bumps and ruts in the racing surface with the same already-legendary stability of the the World Champion D8 buggy!
The HB Inverse Steering Block Design and aligned king pin and universal joint pivots combine to give you total confidence on the track and a superb driving feel. A full range of suspension adjustments are possible with the total racing design: adjustable roll centre, thick turnbuckle links, sway bars, steel turnbuckles and HB's unique counter-rotating shock mount screws.
Getting the power from the engine to the tires is yet another job that any good race truck must be able to perform properly. Getting as much power as possible with a minimum of loss or drag is just as important as keeping the tires in contact with the ground, which the D8T suspension does with superb ease. The D8T features every detail you'd expect to see in a top-level competition truggy, and more!
The D8T uses extra heavy-duty spiral-cut 'worm gear' diffs to get the power from the driveshafts to the wheels. Six steel universal dogbones are used for the centre driveshafts and at each corner to get the power from the middle diff to front and rear diffs, and also from the diffs to the wheels. The dual fibre disc brakes can be adjusted separately front and rear using the unique linkage that brings the adjustment linkage of both brakes above the middle block deck.
The 150cc fuel tank is large enough to keep you running longer than the rest, so you don't have to stop for fuel as often. With a handy 'clunk' inside, the engine will continue running even when you're on your lid! A complete set of rubber-sealed ball bearings keeps everything spinning smoothly through the nastiest muck. 17mm hex adapters are used to allow any truggy wheels to fit, and new HB tall truggy wheels are included in the kit.
The fantastic, all-new racing body was designed specifically for the D8T. This is the lowest, sleekest and raciest truggy body we've ever seen, and we think you'll agree! The body extends all the way to the rear wing, giving it a look that emulates a full-size pick-up. Plenty of cooling air can get to engine, which is fully protected yet within the airflow that goes under the body. The body is supplied clear so you can apply your own racing colours, and is formed from extra tough polycarbonate plastic.
• Forget about pesky E-clips, the suspension system on the D8T was designed using button head screws to secure all hingepins for the ultimate in ease of maintenance and reliability.
• The new slammed look of the filter not only looks pro, but provides a larger surface area for your engine to breath through.
• The one piece design allows you to set the gear mesh once and not worry about adjustments during maintenance.
• The one piece tray allows for easy maintenance as it can be removed in one section when you need to clean the dirt off your ride.
• Utilizing 1/5th scale technology the D8T implements a new clunk design which will use every drop of fuel whether you're racing to the line, or upside down waiting for a marshal.
• The staunch 4mm 7075 Aluminum chassis is designed to withstand any barrage of obstacles on today's mammoth outdoor tracks.
• The Super-sized shock package is the largest in its class allowing the D8T to recover from the roughest of landings.
• Grab a larger piece of turf with the D8T's Maxed out wheel dimensions.
• The largest wheels allowed under ROAR rules, these puppies will put more of your tread on the ground so you can put more of your rivals behind you.
• Optimized Suspension Geometry to attack the rigors of the new age 1/8th scale tracks.
• Centralized Weight Distribution provides superb balance with increased transitional agility.
5X10MM CLUTCH BEARINGS
4.3:1 INTERNAL GEAR RATIO
Less than 20 parts difference from the D8!
CHASSIS LENGTH: 530MM (from bumper to rear wing end) no tires
KIT WEIGHT: 9LBS.
DRIVE SYSTEM: 4WD SHAFT SYSTEM
#106675 Hot Bodies D8T KIT WITH HB 21XZ-B HARA EDITION NITRO ENGINE
Specification may be subject to change